Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Day to Bake

Since the weather is not cooperating so that I can go to the farm and help Larry cut wood, I'm going to get some baking done. I found this recipe last week on the Betty Crocker website. I made a double batch and added craisins instead of raisins--they were gone in 3 days after I sent some to mom's and also with the girls! I'd never tried making "cake mix" cookies before--they turned out great and best of all only require one bowl to mix them in!


Mix-Easy Oatmeal Cookies
1 box SuperMoist yellow cake mix
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening (I used Crisco stick shortening)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 egg
2 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup raisins or craisins
Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, beat cake mix, brown sugar, butter, shortening, water, cinnamon and egg with electric mixer on medium speed one minute until smooth. With spoon, stir in oatmeal and raisins or craisins.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls (I use my cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
Makes about 3-4 dozen (depends on how big you make them).



No comments:

Post a Comment